1 hour 4 min. (1 CD / 1 DVD / MP3)
Have you ever wondered what the first Easter Sunday was like? In this inspiring Bible study, Dr. Brant Pitre takes you on a guided tour of the final chapter of the Gospel of Luke and the famous account of the disciples who met Christ on the Road to Emmaus. Walking verse-by-verse through Luke’s detailed account of Easter Sunday, this talk reveals:
• Why Jesus was raised on a Sunday, the first day of the week
• The crucial significance of the Empty Tomb
• Why the disciples were unable to recognize the Risen Jesus on the road
• How Jesus led the first Bible study after Easter
• How Christ celebrated the first Mass after the Resurrection
• The four key theories of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist held by different denominations
• What Jesus’ Risen Body was really like
These and many other insights will be gained as you follow this inspiring and scholarly interpretation of the climax of the Gospel. If you want to deepen your joy in the Resurrection and your love for the Eucharist, then this talk is for you.
I received 3 cd's and they are excellent. I have learned so much! Thank you Dr. Brant petri.
Pitre is awesome as always. Charismatic, knowledgeable of his topic and a pleasure to watch and listen to. Package arrived quickly and service was great except shipping dept listed books instead of DVDs on the customs label so I had to pay duty, but hopefully I will be refunded when I supply Canada Customs with the paperwork.
This video was used to augment a mini Bible Study as part of Mystagogy for our RCIA group. People in the group now have a desire to delve into scripture and also have a deeper understanding of the Catholic teaching on the Eucharist. Holy Mass will be an even more intimate experience for them now. The video and Dr Petri’s presentation were well received and very beneficial!