• Who are the Samaritans?
• What's the significance of the woman's 5 husbands?
• What is the "living water" Jesus offers the woman?
1 hour 14 min. (1 CD / 1 DVD / MP3 / Digital Video)
Have you ever felt like there’s no way God could ever love you? Maybe you know people with a very troubled past and a broken life who just can’t believe that Jesus loves them.
In this Bible study, Dr. Brant Pitre goes straight to the heart of the love of Christ by focusing on the powerful story of Jesus and the Samaritan Woman at the Well. As he shows, when we read this well-known story through ancient Jewish eyes, all of a sudden we realize that this is not just a story of Jesus’ mercy and forgiveness, but a powerful symbol of God’s love for sinners. In this Bible study you will learn:
• How Women, Wells, and Weddings go together in the Old Testament
• The history behind “Jacob’s Well” and why it is so significant that Jesus meets the Samaritan woman at this spot
• The deeper spiritual meaning of the Samaritan Woman’s 5 Husbands
• How the “Living Water” promised by Jesus is his true wedding gift to his bride, the Church
• How God loves us just the way we are, but too much to let us stay that way
• And lots more
Drawing from his book, Jesus the Bridegroom, Dr. Pitre shows how the story of Jesus and the Woman at the Well is good news that every sinner needs to hear.