• What's the full implication of Mary as the "New Eve"?
• What's the Biblical foundations for the Marian dogmas?
• How is Mary the fulfillment of the Old Test. Queen Mother?
3 hours 36 minutes (4 CDs / MP3)
Is Marian teaching an add-on to the gospel? For many, the Catholic Church's teaching on Mary seems to be not only unwarranted in Scripture, but disconnected from the message of the gospel -- an unnecessary doctrinal add-on that obstructs and even distracts from the saving work of Christ. In this four-part series, Gary Michuta helps explain the biblical and patristic rationale for several core Marian beliefs, how they fully integrate with the saving work of Christ, and why Mary makes God's plan of redemption perfect. Topics covered in this series are:
MARY IN GOD'S PERFECT PLAN OF REDEMPTION - Session 1
• What was God's original design for humanity?
• Why Mary as the "New Eve" is a necessary outworking of God's justice and not just a biblical parallel.
• How the consequences of the Fall underpin important doctrines about Christ and Mary.
MARY: QUEEN MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH KING - Session 2
• How the first Messianic prophecy in Scripture contains a prediction of Mary's Immaculate Conception and her subsequent sinless life.
• Why an office in the Davidic monarchy provides biblical grounds for Mary's enthronement in heaven, her primacy as an intercessor, and our duty to honor her.
• How the Annunciation guarantees that Jesus is the legitimate successor to David's throne.
MARY: JOYFUL BIRTH / SORROWFUL MOTHER - Session 3
• How the Virgin Birth of Christ makes Mary a mother twice-over.
• How the crucifixion relates to Cana and Bethlehem, a wedding and the nativity.
• The biblical justification for seeing Mary's interior suffering at the foot of the cross as labor pains.
MARY: THE WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN - Session 4
• How Revelation 12 provides biblical proofs for Mary's bodily Assumption, her heavenly queenship, her sinless impeccability, and her place as Mother of all Christians.
• Why objections against the Marian interpretation of Revelation 12 ultimately fail.