4 hours 27 min. (4 CDs / 4 DVDs / MP3)
[DVD1: 1 hr 8 min, DVD2: 1 hr 11 min, DVD3: 1 hr 10 min, DVD4: 1 hr 8 min]
St. Matthew’s Gospel was considered the most influential and popular book among the early Christian community. In this four part series, Dr. Pitre will explain why that is the case and how for the early Jewish Christians, in particular, St. Matthew clearly makes the case for how the long awaited hopes of the Jewish people are being fulfilled in Jesus. In this series, you will cover topics such as:
• Who wrote the Gospel of Matthew
• Why the long genealogy at the beginning of Matthew, which many Christians today simply gloss over, of vital importance to the Gospel of Matthew’s message
• How the Gospel of Matthew clearly makes Jesus out to be a new and greater Moses, David, Solomon, and Isaac
• The shocking paradoxes of the Sermon on the Mount and the implications of them for our spiritual life
• Aspects of Jesus’ infancy, public ministry, and last days in Jerusalem that show him to be the long-awaited fulfillment of what the priests, prophets, and kings of old hoped for
If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about main figures of the Old Testament and how and why they are relevant for setting the stage for Christ’s coming, then this study on the Gospel of Matthew is for you!
This was a great review of the Gospel of Matthew. My daughter in law is also looking for more material on scripture, so I am going to give it to her. Maybe she will also become a fan of your products.
Matthew gives us the Old in the New
I think Dr Brant Pitre is a gifted teacher and he makes it so easy for me to understand scriptures especially when he explains the Jewish culture. Just brilliant!