20 hours 23 min. (20 CDs / MP3)
Christians and non-Christians everywhere have heard of the phrase, “Jesus loves you.” But what does that really mean? Why does John the Baptist refer to Jesus as “the bridegroom,” when he was never married? And why does Saint Paul refer to the Church as Jesus’ “bride” and the crucifixion as his wedding day?
In this stunning course, Dr. Brant Pitre applies his knowledge of the Jewish roots of Christianity to the very heart of the Gospel: the love of Christ. In this set, you will plunge into the mystery of the love of God. Just some of the topics covered are:
• The Mystery of the Crucifixion: Why did God choose to save us through the Cross? What was crucifixion like at the time of Jesus? And how can Jesus compare such a brutal form of execution to his wedding day?
• The Song of Solomon: What are we to make of this mysterious love poem hidden in the middle of the Bible? How did ancient rabbis interpret the Song? Who is the Bridegroom and who is the Bride?
• The New Bridegroom: In the Old Testament, how was Adam the first bridegroom? How is the passion and death of Jesus like an ancient Jewish wedding?
• The New Bride: In the Old Testament, how was Eve the first bride? Where is the Bride of Christ “hidden” in the Gospels? What does the Bible reveal about her in the Book of Revelation?
• The Nuptial Mysteries: How are Baptism, Eucharist, Confession, Marriage, Priesthood, and Holy Virginity mysteries of the love of Christ the Bridegroom for his Bride?
If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about what it really means to have a “personal relationship” with Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior, and Bridegroom—then this is the Bible study for you!
we just received it this past Friday via the APO military in Germany … I did not have a chance yet to get into it … it will have to wait until after Christmas … but - as with all the others I have purchased - I simply know it will be utterly fascinating and instructive … the reason why I purchase from Dr. Pitre in the first place … MERRY CHRISTMAS from Bavaria, Germany …
Jesus the Bridegroom
Well worth the purchase price. Dr. Pitre's class will open up the big picture of our Triune God and the economy of salvation. My highest recommendation!
I've been married to my wife for 8 years and am so glad we decided to add this to our Pitre audio collection. We listened on our own during our commutes to and from work and discussed together during dinner. Being in our early 30's , it is an immense blessing to have 2000 years of Catholic Church wisdom on marriage taught to us in an audio class. Husbands and wives...prepare to have your mind blown!
It was a great and awesome audio and a fabulously wiriten notes.