3 hours 36 minutes (4 CDs / MP3)
Is Marian teaching an add-on to the gospel? For many, the Catholic Church's teaching on Mary seems to be not only unwarranted in Scripture, but disconnected from the message of the gospel -- an unnecessary doctrinal add-on that obstructs and even distracts from the saving work of Christ. In this four-part series, Gary Michuta helps explain the biblical and patristic rationale for several core Marian beliefs, how they fully integrate with the saving work of Christ, and why Mary makes God's plan of redemption perfect. Topics covered in this series are:
MARY IN GOD'S PERFECT PLAN OF REDEMPTION - Session 1
• What was God's original design for humanity?
• Why Mary as the "New Eve" is a necessary outworking of God's justice and not just a biblical parallel.
• How the consequences of the Fall underpin important doctrines about Christ and Mary.
MARY: QUEEN MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH KING - Session 2
• How the first Messianic prophecy in Scripture contains a prediction of Mary's Immaculate Conception and her subsequent sinless life.
• Why an office in the Davidic monarchy provides biblical grounds for Mary's enthronement in heaven, her primacy as an intercessor, and our duty to honor her.
• How the Annunciation guarantees that Jesus is the legitimate successor to David's throne.
MARY: JOYFUL BIRTH / SORROWFUL MOTHER - Session 3
• How the Virgin Birth of Christ makes Mary a mother twice-over.
• How the crucifixion relates to Cana and Bethlehem, a wedding and the nativity.
• The biblical justification for seeing Mary's interior suffering at the foot of the cross as labor pains.
MARY: THE WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN - Session 4
• How Revelation 12 provides biblical proofs for Mary's bodily Assumption, her heavenly queenship, her sinless impeccability, and her place as Mother of all Christians.
• Why objections against the Marian interpretation of Revelation 12 ultimately fail.
We as Catholics have so much to learn about our faith and the Jewish Roots. I have been Catholic for 50 years and have learned more about our faith in the last 8 years thru Bible study and people like Dr. Pitre. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us
This series of CDs is very good. The author take lots of side roads which provide additional insights. However, the CD container received was damage and one cannot keep the CDs in it. Unfortunately, this is happening more often because the CDs are not packaged to protect them and the container. This make one reluctant to buy more CDs. Deacon Ed Baker
and Gary exceeded them! Wonderful, wonderful series. Gary lays out the Church’s teachings about the Blessed Virgin in a non-traditional manner. Definitely not what I was expecting. If you’re thinking that you’ll hear a “standard” or “catechetical” approach to Marian doctrines, you are in for a rather pleasant surprise. He explains Catholic belief using both Scriptural and Patristic evidence through a most lucid and illuminating process. You will listen to this set repeatedly in order to draw out all of data, and you’ll walk away with the most satisfying understanding of the Church’s Marian teachings.
Excellent biblical teaching and understanding of our Catholic Faith! These resources are a treasure trove! A must have for any Catholic seeking a deeper understanding of their faith! I teach RCIA and am thrilled to have discovered Catholic Productions!
This well-produced and easy to follow CD Volume set is the absolute best compilation of Marian teachings I have ever encountered, and I have several! Gary Michuta absolutely hits it out-of-the-park. I also highly recommend Gary's book 'Making Sense of Mary.' In addition to providing the scriptural foundations and historical teachings for Marian Doctrine, Gary also provides the average Catholic with tools on how to overcome any objection that a Protestant might make in opposition to our beliefs, and to defend our Holy Mother.