3 hours 54 min. (4 CDs / MP3)
Have you ever read something that completely changed the way you see Jesus and the Bible? That's what Pope Francis' document, The Face of Mercy, did for Dr. Pitre. At the very heart of Jesus' mission and message was something we often overlook: the message of mercy. "I desire mercy, not sacrifice," Jesus says (Matt 12:7). But what does this mean?
In this transformative Bible study, Dr. Pitre takes you on a journey into the heart of mercy in Sacred Scripture. In four riveting presentations, you will learn about:
• How the God of the Old Testament is a God of "Mercy"
• How Jesus fulfilled the ancient Jewish feast of the Jubilee Year
• The Deeper meaning of the Blood and Water from the Side of Jesus Crucified
• What Jesus really meant when he said "Be merciful as your Father is merciful" and "Judge not lest you be judged" (Luke 7:36-37)
• The Parables of Mercy: the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin, and the Prodigal Son
• Indulgences and the Jubilee Year of Mercy Explained: understanding the "Holy Doors"
• The location of the Lost Ark and how Mary is the "Mercy Seat" of the New Covenant
Mercy is at the heart of the Gospel any year, but Pope Francis has put it at the very center of the Year of Mercy. Yet many Catholics are not quite sure why Pope Francis called for a "Year of Mercy" or how to obtain the special Jubilee Year of Mercy Indulgence. If you've ever wanted to understand and receive the astounding mercy of God, or if you know a 'prodigal' son or daughter who really needs to hear Jesus' message of mercy, then this Bible study is for you.
I didn't realize its so hard to do the ITunes/download thing. I haven't been able to listen to the MP#'s I bought. Wondering if I can exchange for CD's? The book Psalms Basics is great- read it in two days!
Outstanding! I was looking for some information on Divine Mercy in Old & New Testament. It is exactly what I wanted. I have a handful of Dr Pitre’s material & I listen to his weekly Sunday readings explaination. All his material is excellent!
Jesus and the Jewish Roots of Divine Mercy
I really enjoyed the talk, Brant Pitre at his best as usual. I always new that there is more to Mother Mary in our lives in the Church. Brant opened my mind to Mother Mary’s roll in Divine Mercy. His talk made me feel so, so blessed to be a Roman Catholic. We have a wonderful God with Mercy as wonderful as God is.