• What is a "sacrifice" in the Bible?
• How can the Mass be considered a "sacrifice"?
• Are Catholics "re-sacrificing" Jesus at every Mass?
3 hours 17 min. (4 CDs / MP3)
Catholics believe that the Mass is a sacrifice. But is that belief biblical? And, what is a "sacrifice" exactly? Why do we need to offer sacrifice? Join Gary Michuta as he breaks down sacrifice into its most basic elements and use them to explore the mechanics of the Old and New Testament sacrifices, most especially the Mass.
This in-depth study answers such objections as:
• I don't need to go to Mass. I can just pray at home."
• "Christ died once for all never to be repeated, yet the Mass re-sacrifices Christ over and over again."
• "Christ's death on the Cross is the only Christian sacrifice. Christ did it all. There's no need for Christians to offer any other sacrifice to God."
• "We can restrict the 'freedom of religion' down to 'freedom of worship' without impinging upon the beliefs of Catholics."
• and much more...
Gary Michuta shows how gaining a better understanding of sacrifice illuminates not only the meaning of the Last Supper and the Mass but also several Old Testament passages that may not at first glance even seem to be sacrificial. This recording will not just illuminate the mind to what the sacrifice of the Mass is, but move the heart to enter into the liturgy of the Mass more devoutly, given our responsibility to offer sacrifice as part of the "priesthood of all believers."