23 hours 3 min. (22 CDs / MP3)
In this exciting audio set, Dr. Brant Pitre takes you on an in-depth exploration of the person who stands at the heart of Christianity: Jesus Christ. Drawing on his graduate level Christology lectures and his knowledge of Scripture and official Church teaching, this course answers essential theological questions such as:
• Who wrote the four Gospels? Are they historically reliable? What is the Church’s official teaching on this question?
• What does the Catholic Church teach about Creation and the Fall? Why is it so important to Christology?
• What is the Christology of the Old Testament? How are the prophecies of the Old Testament fulfilled in Christ?
• What are the four main reasons God became Incarnate?
• What do the Christological Councils teach us about the person of Christ?
• Did Jesus know he was the Messiah? Did he know he was divine? What is the biblical evidence? Why have many modern scholars doubted his Messiahship and Divinity?
• What did Jesus mean by “The Kingdom of God”?
• How did the death of Christ effect our Redemption? Why was it necessary?
• What is the meaning of the Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus?
In addition to these key issues, Dr. Pitre will present detailed study of major episodes from the life of Christ. You will see the mysteries of Jesus’ Baptism, Temptation, Transfiguration, and Crucifixion like you have never seen them before.
I am never disappointed with you products and so enjoy listening to Mr. Pitre. This is my 1st purchase I wish I could afford more.My bible study group watch a lot of Mr. Pitre's presentations. As I expected I am enjoying this purchase and learning a lot following along the outline. Even though I am just getting started with the CDs I can tell I will be listening to them many times in the future.
Super happy with my order, Brant Pitre is superb, listening to the old testament lectures first, dying to get onto Jesus of Nazareth cds. Thank you all at Catholic production's for the awesome work you do, will defiantly be back for
more. God bless you all
Dr Pitre as usual gives a stirring and insightful look into Christology -- this appears to be a series of lectures to post-grad students -- this is in of itself not a big deal since we don't have access to the syllabus anyway -- nor for that matter access to his main source Christ and his critics by Hiliarn Felder [volumes out of print and can not locate anywhere regardless of price] -- so that is the good
the bad is that after getting you excited about Christology and the pitfalls of modern Christology and how wonderful Felder's book is -- he gives no modern recourse for continuing your study of Christology -- my point is that I was excited and then disappointed
Dr. Brant Pitre is phenomenal. This man played a critical role in bringing me back to Catholicism from Islam. There is no doubt in my mind that God works through him -- no doubt. This course punctures the modern notions of Jesus, revealing the reality of these false ideas, while also illustrating through Sacred Scripture the truth of Christ's divinity. This course is foundational for any serious Catholic, and honestly, in this age of incredibly poor catechesis, it is vital for both defending and reinforcing the faith within our families and communities.