The Mass Readings Explained started with the desire to help people better prepare for Mass, as well as to help priests and deacons prepare homilies. We will provide the following with your one year subscription (or for as long as your subscription remains active):
1. 52 Week Video Bible Study with Dr. Pitre focusing on the Sunday Mass Readings: In-depth Bible study on the Gospel readings, connecting them with the Old Testament reading and Responsorial Psalm for each Sunday Mass.
2. Additional video on the 2nd reading: Bible study on the 2nd reading so you have the option to preach though a letter of St. Paul.
3. Written Transcript of Dr. Pitre’s Bible Study: For those who prefer to read (rather than view or listen only), a written transcript of the entire Bible study will be provided for reading and reflection.
4. Weekly 1-2 Page Study Guide with Questions for Reflection/Discussion: Ideal for personal reflection and making the readings applicable to your flock.
5. Guaranteed Monday Morning Releases: Videos will be available on Monday mornings for homily preparation for the following Sunday Mass.
6. Structure of the Yearly Mass Readings: For those who may be new to our series, the Catholic Church has a 3 year cycle of Gospel Mass readings that goes through most of Matthew in one year ("Year A"), Mark in another ("Year B"), and Luke in the 3rd year ("Year C"). Then that cycle starts over again with each liturgical year beginning in Advent (usually late November).
7. Bonus Videos: Introduction to the Gospel for the liturgical year we are on: Who wrote the Gospel? When was it written? Why was it written? Etc.
8. A Great Resource for Priests and Deacons.