• How can you pray the rosary well?
• What role should scripture play when praying the rosary?
• How does the rosary unite the 3 different kinds of prayer?
1 hour 36 min. (2 CDs / MP3)
For many Catholics around the world, the Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a staple of the spiritual life. But for some, the Rosary just doesn’t make sense. It can seem to be dry, boring, and even meaningless.
In this new Bible study, an excerpt of his longer series, Spiritual Theology: Christian Prayer and the Three Stages of the Spiritual Life, Dr. Brant Pitre takes you on a guided tour of one of the greatest disciples of the Rosary who has ever lived: Pope John Paul II, and his great apostolic letter On the Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary. By combining a study of Sacred Scripture and spiritual theology with John Paul II’s authoritative teachings on the Rosary, in this study you will learn:
• Why John Paul II once spoke of a “crisis of the Rosary,” why praying the Rosary has become “unfashionable” in the last 30 years, and why the widespread rejection of the Rosary is wrong
• How the three kinds of prayer—Vocal Prayer, Meditation, and Contemplation—are perfectly combined in the Rosary
• How the “Body” of the Rosary are the Vocal Prayers, but the “Soul” is the Mysteries of Scripture: the Joyful, Sorrowful, Luminous, and Glorious Mysteries
• How to Pray the Rosary Well: practical advice straight from the mouth of Pope John Paul II
• The Power of the Rosary: what St. Louis de Montfort said about the power of the Rosary, and how it can help you grow in virtue and make progress in the Spiritual life
• Why the essence of the Rosary is “contemplating the face of Christ with Mary”
As a final treat, Dr. Pitre will share how the Rosary itself may be hidden in the Tabernacle of Moses described in the Old Testament! Whether you’re new to the Catholic faith and have never prayed the Rosary before or you’ve been praying the Rosary your whole life but want to enter into it more deeply, then this is the Bible study for you.