19 hours 53 min. (17 CDs / MP3)
Who was Saint Paul really? What did he teach? Why is he called “The Apostle” when he wasn’t even a disciple of Jesus?
In this information-packed audio Bible Study, Dr. Brant Pitre cracks open the mysteries of Saint Paul’s letters and helps you to understand him. Drawing on his graduate-level lectures, Dr. Pitre takes you step-by-step through the central mysteries of Pauline theology, such as:
• The Mystery of His Conversion: Who was Saint Paul? What was his life like before his conversion to Christianity? What really happened on the Road to Damascus?
• The Mystery of the End of Time: What did Paul teach about the Second Coming of Christ, the Resurrection, and the End of Time? And why is the New Creation the key to understanding him?
• The Mystery of the Human Body: What was Saint Paul’s “Theology of the Body”? What did he teach about sexuality? How can we understand his teachings about women in the Church?
• The Mystery of the Law: What did Saint Paul mean when he said that we are justified by “faith” and not by “works of the Law”? Was he really the first “Protestant” theologian? Did Paul teach “faith alone”
• The Mystery of the Angels: Holy angels and fallen angels are a reality. But how much do we really know about them? Dr. Pitre’s lectures on Paul’s teaching about the Angels is perhaps the highlight of this set.
• The Mystery of Redemption: What was Paul’s view of the origin and nature of Sin? Why does sin enslave us? And how does the death of Christ bring us redemption?
As anyone who has read the Bible knows, the writings of Saint Paul are some of the most amazing—and the most difficult—in all the New Testament. Even Saint Peter himself said that there are some things in Paul’s letters that are “hard to understand”! (2 Pet 3:16). In this Bible Study, Dr. Pitre will give you the keys to understanding the heart of the greatest evangelist and theologian in Church history: the apostle Paul.
The Apostle Paul: Unlocking the Mysteries of His Theology
I very much enjoyed listening to this series from Dr. Pitre. I have purchased a number of other programs of his and have always found that his insights and learning are absolutely amazing. After growing up as a cradle Catholic, I only wish that this kind of program was more readily available earlier in my life. I thank the Lord for Dr. Pitre and other theologians like him who make our faith come alive, rational, and easier to understand. My only reason for not giving this program 5 stars is that I found the sections where he's taking questions or comments from the class to be frustrating as I couldn't hear the question or comment, only his response. This happened frequently enough that it caused me to rate it 4 stars.
The study is tremendous and of great personal value.
How do I obtain a transcript of the study?
Additionally, I would also like the transcript of Dr. Bergsma's "Dead Sea Scrolls" study; the original 20+ hour presentation. How do I obtain transcripts?
I find Brandt Pitre very interesting to listen to.
I agree with all the reviewers -- I have been a follower of Dr Pitre's ever since he published his first CD -- I agree that his class material provides a lot of meat and challenges your previous knowledge and his outlines are fantastic [one of the problems I have with Dr Hahn's material] -- the only criticism I have [and it is not entirely Dr Pitre's fault] is that he gets you excited about his material and the sources he uses but alas the support material is out of print [he arranges special printing for his classes] but that does not help us poor laymen -- I wish he would scan that material and make it available to the rest of us -- I understand why he uses the old material -- I was able to find fr. Pratt's 2 volumes [not cheap] but Felder's book in his excellent Christology course is not available anywhere -- I say this because as he points out in that course Christology is the confusing topic of our time and his promotion of Felder's book makes it even more frustrating