1 hour 2 min. (1 CD / 1 DVD / MP3)
Every year at Easter time, many Christians celebrate the Jewish Passover meal, known as the Seder, in order to reenact what it might have been like at the Last Supper. In this Bible study given at the 2010 Word of God Conference, Dr. Brant Pitre will take you step by step through what the Passover sacrifice and the Passover meal were like at the time of Jesus. In this riveting journey into the Jewish roots of Christianity, Dr. Pitre explores questions such as:
• What was Passover like at the time of Jesus?
• What exactly did Peter and John do when they went into Jerusalem to “prepare the Passover”?
• Why were the Passover lambs “crucified” in the shape of a cross?
• Why were four cups of wine required for every Passover?
• What were the stages of the Passover “Order”? How do they correspond to the “Order” of the Mass?
• What psalms did Jesus sing at the Last Supper? How do they reveal the mystery of his Passion?
• Did Jesus actually finish the Last Supper? When did he drink the fourth Passover cup?
During the Protestant Reformation, the Reformers rejected the idea that the Eucharist is a sacrifice. In this study, Dr. Pitre shows how the Jewish Passover is the key to understanding the Eucharist as both a meal and a sacrifice. By seeing the Last Supper through Jewish eyes, you will learn how Jesus transformed what would have otherwise been simply a Roman execution into a Passover sacrifice—the new Passover of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
Very enlightening. As always, I gained fresh insight.
The Fourth Cup and The New Passover
It's a magnificent DVD presentation on an important Catholic insight that, I have good reason to expect, is little known in our Australian Catholic communities. I must ask "why is it not taught?" Thank you Catholic Productions. Francis Wood.
I have listened to the Fourth cup and a Biblical explanation of the mass. I loved both of them They made me love the mass and help to deepen my love for the Eucharist and all that Jesus had done for me and mankind.
If you have ears to hear, listen to what Dr. Pitre tells us about The Lord's Supper, the Memorial, The New Passover. The Truth about what Jesus was doing at the time of the Passover, installing the New Passover and today's sacrifice at Mass. Love It!