• Who are the lost tribes of Israel?
• What prophets spoke of the lost tribes being re-gathered?
• How does Jesus fulfill this prophecy?
54 min. (1 CD / 1 DVD / MP3)
All Christians believe that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament in himself. Yet one of the most frequent prophecies in the Bible is that God would one day bring the “lost ten tribes” of Israel back home to the promised land. So how was this accomplished? Are the ten tribes still lost, or did Jesus fulfill this prophecy too?
In this Bible study given at the 2010 Word of God Conference, Dr. Pitre takes something very familiar to Christians—the Last Supper—and ties it to something very mysterious—the return of the Lost Tribes of Israel. In this set, Dr. Pitre will answer questions such as:
• How were the Ten Tribes of Israel “lost”? Where did they go?
• Where do the biblical prophets foretell the return of the lost tribes?
• Are Christian fundamentalists right to expect that Jesus will only gather the lost tribes at the Rapture?
• Why did Jesus choose Twelve disciples? And why did he tell them they would “sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel,” when only two tribes were left?
• How were Jesus’ feedings of the 5,000 and 4,000 tied to the return of the lost tribes?
• How is the Last Supper the key to Jesus’ fulfillment of this prophecy?
According to Vatican I, one of the main motives of credibility for believing in Christianity is the fulfillment of prophecy. Yet many Christians have no idea how Jesus fulfilled the Jewish hope for the ingathering of the lost tribes. In this Bible study, you will learn how every Mass fulfills the oracles of the Old Testament. As Jesus says, “When I am lifted up, I will gather all men to myself” (John 12:32).