• What was the first Easter Sunday like?
• Did Jesus lead a Bible study on the first Easter Sunday?
• Is the resurrection the key to understand the Eucharist?
1 hour 4 min. (1 CD / 1 DVD / MP3)
Have you ever wondered what the first Easter Sunday was like? In this inspiring Bible study, Dr. Brant Pitre takes you on a guided tour of the final chapter of the Gospel of Luke and the famous account of the disciples who met Christ on the Road to Emmaus. Walking verse-by-verse through Luke’s detailed account of Easter Sunday, this talk reveals:
• Why Jesus was raised on a Sunday, the first day of the week
• The crucial significance of the Empty Tomb
• Why the disciples were unable to recognize the Risen Jesus on the road
• How Jesus led the first Bible study after Easter
• How Christ celebrated the first Mass after the Resurrection
• The four key theories of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist held by different denominations
• What Jesus’ Risen Body was really like
These and many other insights will be gained as you follow this inspiring and scholarly interpretation of the climax of the Gospel. If you want to deepen your joy in the Resurrection and your love for the Eucharist, then this talk is for you.