5 hours 20 min. (6 CDs / MP3)
Is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society an organization raised up by Jehovah God at the end times to teach pure doctrine, or does its history and teaching tell a different story? Gary Michuta examines issues and doctrines that you will not find in any one Catholic resource from the odd, but very telling, pre-history of the Watchtower to its use of mind control.
In this examination of the Watchtower's history and beliefs, you will learn:
• How the Watchtower mystique is dispelled by knowing its pre-history
• How the Panic of 1873 and World War I shaped Watchtower theology
• Why the first president's deathbed request may reveal whether he was a charlatan or a true believer
• How the Watchtower's teaching on "spirit bodies" distorts their understanding of the Trinity and the Incarnation
• Whether you are going to be resurrected or will it be just your "life-pattern"
• How the Watchtower uses aspects of mind control to keep its members from thinking outside the group
• Tips on how to share your faith with the Jehovah's Witnesses
If you've ever wondered who the Jehovah's Witnesses were, how they came to be, and why they believe so many strange teachings, this set will give you a solid explanation.
(30-plus page outline with links to primary source material, and much more...)
I found these talks informative and very easy to follow. I definitely had very marginal understanding of Jehovah’s Witnesses and this was illuminating to say the least. Also, this is a great way to learn about Catholic faith, sometimes topics become more clear in comparison. Any possibility of doing a similar series on Church of Latter Day Saints??
A very good clear and concise explanation about the JW. As I have a JW visit me often I am now understanding Why I seem to get no where with them. After listening to these recordings I now know which way to talk to them hopefully more effectively
Gary Michuta covers many bases on the Jehovah's Witnesses, that you will not find anywhere else. I listen to these on my commute to and from work, but I advise you to sit down with the outlines, and go through them. Be prepared to do your homework, but don't let that discourage you! It will be well worth the effort.
Thank you, Gary, and Catholic Productions, and God Bless You!
This is an excellent series that does a great job in explaining the JW theology and how to deal with them when they come knocking.
This is an endlessly fascinating presentation by a lecturer who has done his homework on the Jehovah's Witnesses. I listen in the car each time I drive, and eagerly anticipate each lesson in the series.