1 hour 36 min. (2 CDs / 2 DVDs / MP3)
[DVD1: 50 min, DVD2: 46 min]
If you knew you only had one week left to live, how would you spend it? What would you do?
Most people know that Jesus celebrated the Last Supper on Holy Thursday, died on Good Friday, and lay dead in the tomb on Holy Saturday. But what about the other days of Holy Week? What did Jesus choose to say and do on the last seven days of his life?
In these riveting presentations, Dr. Brant Pitre takes his knowledge of the Jewish roots of Christianity and uses it to unveil the mysteries of the most sacred and solemn week of the entire year: "Holy Week." In these two presentations, you will discover:
1. Palm Sunday: Why did Jesus ride into Jerusalem on a donkey?
2-3. Holy Monday-Tuesday: Why did Jesus curse the fig tree on holy Monday?
4. Spy Wednesday: What is the hidden meaning to Judas' betrayal of Jesus? And why is this day called "Spy Wednesday"?
5. Holy Thursday: How exactly did the disciples prepare the Passover for Jesus?
6. Good Friday: What is the meaning of the blood and water that flowed from Jesus' side?
7. Holy Saturday: Why did Jesus rest in the tomb? Where did Jesus' soul go on Holy Saturday?
8. Easter Sunday: Why did Jesus rise on the "first day of the week"?
If you're looking to get more out of the season of Lent this year and to truly enter into the mystery of Holy Week with Jesus, then this Bible study is for you.
This is an important resource of faithful Catholic interpretation on the last days of Jesus, as handed down to us in Scriptures. It truly touches both mind and heart. I feel encouraged to go on with my ministry despite many trials. This video is an embrace of intellectual competence and genuine love for our Lord. I am grateful for this.
Great presentation. Many unspoken questions answered. Hoping to show to Bible study group. Thank you!☺
I found this CD wonderful. As a 3rd Grade CCD Teachers for 49 years, Holy Week was always a very special time in class. This CD gives a look into Holy Week that I missed all these years. I'm looking forward to listening to the CE again next Lent.
I love hearing how faith and history give support to one another. As I listen to Good Friday and the abundant blood pouring out from the side of Temple, I was so moved. This is best talk ever.
A true blessing, in the content, and in the service i recieved. My order arrived faster than i expected, in fact, i was shocked when i saw that it had arrived so quickly. Thank you. God bless us all. John