• What are the 7 sacraments?
• Why do Christians differ on the # of the sacraments?
• Where in the Bible are all 7 sacraments found?
1 hour 57 min. (2 CDs / 1 DVD / MP3)
The Seven Sacraments are one the most important aspects of the Catholic faith. Yet many Christians reject them as ‘unbiblical.’ In fact, one of the biggest differences between Catholics and Protestants is the debate over the sacraments. According to the Catholic Church, there are seven sacraments. According to some Christians, there are only two: Baptism and the ‘Lord’s Supper’. According to other Christians, there are no sacraments at all! Who is right? And who is wrong? What does the Bible say? Are the Seven Sacraments biblical, or are they just the ‘traditions of men’? Along the way, you will learn the answers to questions such as:
• Is Baptism necessary for salvation? What did Jesus teach? Is it biblical to baptize babies, or should we only baptize adults?
• Is the Eucharist really the Body and Blood of Jesus? Or is it just a symbol? What does it mean when Jesus says we must eat his flesh and drink his blood?
• Is Confirmation biblical? How is it different from Baptism, and why is it a separate sacrament?
• Is the Anointing of the Sick in the Bible? And what kind of healing does it bring?
• Is Confession biblical? Why do Catholics go to a Priest for Confession? Can’t we just pray directly to God? Is mortal sin a biblical teaching? Did Jesus himself really institute this sacrament?
• Why does Paul call Marriage “the great sacrament”? And why did Jesus forbid remarriage after divorce?
• Are bishops, priests, and deacons in the Bible? Or should we just have “pastors” and “preachers”? And what about celibacy? Who are the 144,000 celibate men described in the book of Revelation?
As you will see, when we take a closer look at the Bible, there is only one Church that keeps all seven biblical sacraments—the Catholic Church.