• Did Peter receive a title normally reserved for God?
• What can the Old Test. tell us about the papacy?
• How can the Pope be infallible, yet still commit sin?
3 hours 17 minutes (4 CDs / MP3)
Did Christ appoint Peter to be the visible head of His Church or is the papacy a fifth century invention? Gary Michuta leaves no stone unturned in this tour de force apologetics seminar on the biblical roots of the papacy. Common (and not-so-common objections) are explored, analyzed, and refuted and a positive biblical case is proposed to show the biblical rationale for the papacy. Among the questions answered in this course set are:
• Did Jesus really choose Peter as the "rock" upon which He would build His Church?
• Why did Peter receive a title normally reserved for God?
• Did the Apostles have successors?
• What do the Patriarchs, monarchies, and the Sanhedrin tell us about the Papacy?
• Where does the bible speak about universal and particular jurisdiction?
• What is the biblical rationale behind Papal Infallibility? And many more...
Join Gary Michuta as he explores Peter and the papacy in this information packed series.