The Mass Readings Explained started with the desire to help people better prepare for Mass, as well as to help priests and deacons prepare homilies. With your active subscription you will receive the following:
1. A Bible study with Dr. Pitre focusing on the Sunday Mass Readings: In-depth, full length Bible study on [a] the Gospel readings, connecting them with the Old Testament reading and Responsorial Psalm, as well as [b] a second video dedicated to the 2nd reading (usually from an epistle of St. Paul) for each Sunday Mass. These full length videos are more exhaustive than excerpt videos you may have seen on our Youtube channel and the subscription gives you access to #'s 2 and 3 below.
2. Written transcript of Dr. Pitre’s Bible study: For those who prefer to read (rather than view or listen only), a written transcript of the entire Bible study will be provided for reading and reflection.
3. 1-2 page study guide with questions for reflection/discussion for each presentation: Ideal for prayer groups and group/parish Bible study, as well as personal reflection.
4. Guaranteed Monday morning releases: Videos will be available on Monday mornings for group study, homily preparation, or personal preparation for the following Sunday Mass. We send all subscribers a notification email that the video has been released.
5. Bonus videos: Introduction to the Gospel for the liturgical year we are on: Who wrote the Gospel? When was it written? Why was it written? Etc.
6. Structure of the yearly Mass readings: For those who may be new to our series, the Catholic Church has a 3 year cycle of Gospel Mass readings that goes through most of Matthew in one year ("Year A"), Mark in another ("Year B"), and Luke in the 3rd year ("Year C"). Then that cycle starts over again with each liturgical year beginning in Advent (usually late November). A similar cycle is had for the 2nd reading as well over the course of 3 years.
7. This is a great resource for priests, deacons, teachers, Bible study leaders, and personal growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to subscribe at the beginning of the calendar year or liturgical year to get the most out of this series? Absolutely not. Subscribing at any point during the year is the perfect time. You'll have a access to all available videos in this series (previous ones as well) as long as your subscription is active. And, newly released videos moving forward don't assume you have watched prior videos. So, no matter what time of year it is, now is the perfect time to subscribe.
2. How do I access the videos after subscribing? While you will get an email explaining how to access them, you can click here to learn how to access the videos.
3. Will I own these videos, outlines and transcripts? Since this is a digital subscription model, your subscription gives you access to the content, but not ownership. For further explanation of the terms, kindly click here and read The Mass Readings Explained Series Subscription Policy.
4. How do I cancel my auto-renewing subscription? Log into your account, click on "My Account" at the top of the page (near the shopping cart icon), click on "My Subscriptions" red button, click "View Details" on your active subscription. Here you can pause or cancel your subscription at the bottom of the page.
5. If you have further questions, please email email@example.com