• Who wrote the Psalms?
• What themes run throughout the structure of the Psalms?
• How were the Psalms used in ancient Jewish liturgy?
10 hours 46 min. (10 CDs / MP3)
Few of us know very much about the Book of Psalms, even though it is read at every mass, prayed daily in every convent and monastery throughout the world, and quoted in the New Testament more than any other biblical book.
In this CD set, Dr. Bergsma introduces us to the Psalms, answering these and many other questions:
• Why are the Psalms the only book from which we read or sing at every Mass?
• What’s the connection between the Psalms and the Eucharistic Sacrifice?
• How do the Psalms speak to us about Jesus?
• How are the Psalms a “summary of all Scripture”?
• Why are the Psalms important for spiritual warfare?
• How do we handle those harsh Psalms that call down curses on people?
Listen and discover why, next to the Gospels, the Psalms have been the saints’ most-loved book of the Bible!