11 hours 51 min. (11 CDs / MP3)
Nowadays, skepticism about Jesus is everywhere, and it's spreading fast. For well over a hundred years, critics have questioned the historical truth of the Gospels, claiming that they were originally anonymous. Others, such as the atheist New Testament scholar Bart Ehrman, have even argued that Jesus of Nazareth did not think he was God and never claimed to be divine.
In this long-anticipated study, Dr. Brant Pitre goes back to the sources—the biblical and historical evidence for Christ—in order to explore topics that are at the very heart of Christianity:
• Were the four Gospels anonymous?
• Are the Gospels folklore or biographies?
• Were the four Gospels written too late to be reliable?
• What about the “Lost Gospels,” such as "Q" and the Gospel of Thomas?
• C. S. Lewis vs. Bart Ehrman on Jesus' divinity
• Did Jesus claim to be God?
• Is Jesus divine in all four Gospels? Or only in John?
• Did Jesus fulfill the Jewish prophecies of the Messiah?
• Why was Jesus crucified?
• What is the evidence for the Resurrection?
As The Case for Jesus will show, recent discoveries in New Testament scholarship, as well as neglected evidence from ancient manuscripts and the early church fathers, together have the potential to pull the rug out from under a century of skepticism toward the traditional Gospels. Above all, Dr. Pitre shows how the divine claims of Jesus can only be understood by putting them in their ancient Jewish context. So, if you've ever been interested in the Jewish roots of Jesus' divinity, then this is the Bible study for you.
Very enlightening. not Disappointed with Dr. Pitre Bible Studies. It deepen my Faith to Catholicism.
an opportunity for us cradle catholics to be challenge regarding our faith.
I am several hours into listening to this presentation, and this is an excellent presentation thus far! It gives the biblical evidence to debunk those common myths that one hears about Our Lord.
The Case for Jesus: The Reliability of the Gospels and the Jewish Roots of Jesus' Divinity
Service excellent and friendly. God bless you all in your ministry. terrye