20 hours 26 min. (18 CDs / MP3)
The Dead Sea Scrolls have been called the greatest archeological find of the twentieth century. Yet, controversy and confusion continue to swirl around these ancient writings. Did the Vatican suppress their publication? Do they mention Jesus? Are New Testament texts found among them? Do they undermine the Christian faith? Dr. Bergsma answers these questions, and many others in this lecture series on the Scrolls such as:
• When were the Scrolls written, and by whom?
• Were the Scrolls written by Jewish monks of the "Essene" order?
• Was John the Baptist a member of the Scrolls community?
• What light do the Scrolls shed on Jesus and the Last Supper?
• Why are the Scrolls important for understanding St. Paul and Romans?
• What relationship is there between the 12 Tribes of Israel and the Qumran Community of the Scrolls?
Dr. Bergsma demonstrates how the Dead Sea Scrolls enable us to understand the Biblical and Jewish background of the Catholic faith like never before!
Beyond my expectations
I began to listen to a friend's copy and found myself wanting my own copy. This is a wonderful study and fascinating presentation. Outstanding!
The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Jewish Roots of the Church