• What is the origin of the Jehovah's Witnesses?
• Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christian?
• What has changed in the J.W.'s history since it began?
5 hours 20 min. (6 CDs / MP3)
Is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society an organization raised up by Jehovah God at the end times to teach pure doctrine, or does its history and teaching tell a different story? Gary Michuta examines issues and doctrines that you will not find in any one Catholic resource from the odd, but very telling, pre-history of the Watchtower to its use of mind control.
In this examination of the Watchtower's history and beliefs, you will learn:
• How the Watchtower mystique is dispelled by knowing its pre-history
• How the Panic of 1873 and World War I shaped Watchtower theology
• Why the first president's deathbed request may reveal whether he was a charlatan or a true believer
• How the Watchtower's teaching on "spirit bodies" distorts their understanding of the Trinity and the Incarnation
• Whether you are going to be resurrected or will it be just your "life-pattern"
• How the Watchtower uses aspects of mind control to keep its members from thinking outside the group
• Tips on how to share your faith with the Jehovah's Witnesses
If you've ever wondered who the Jehovah's Witnesses were, how they came to be, and why they believe so many strange teachings, this set will give you a solid explanation.
(30-plus page outline with links to primary source material, and much more...)