1 hour 36 min. (2 CDs / 2 DVDs / 2 Blu-ray / MP3 / MP4)
[DVD1: 38 min, DVD2: 39 min]
When it comes to the Catholic Church in our time, perhaps the most frequently asked question is: "Why do I have to confess my sins to a priest?" It is often followed by two others: "Why can't I just go straight to God? Where is the sacrament of confession in the Bible?"
In Why We Confess, Dr. Brant Pitre gives an eye-opening Bible study on the origins and meaning of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, commonly known as "Confession." In this two-part Bible Study, you will learn about:
• The Fall of Adam and Eve and the First "Confession"
• Confession of Sins to a Priest in the Old Testament
• John's Baptism of Repentance and Confession of Sins
• The link between Jesus' Miraculous Healings and the Sacrament of Reconciliation
• The Parable of the Prodigal Son
• When Jesus Gave the Apostles the Power to Absolve and Retain Sins
• The Practice of Confession in the Early Church
Many of us know Catholics who haven't been to Confession in years, even decades. Maybe you are one of them. Whoever you are -- if you've ever wondered about the biblical roots of this sacrament, then Why We Confess is the Bible Study for you.
As you'll discover, Jesus was (quite literally) dying to institute the sacrament of Confession as an essential part of God's plan for "reconciling the world to himself" (2 Corinthians 5:19).
I bought 5 different bible studies and I’ve learned so much in ancient Judaism . Knowing the Old Testament roots really helps to building a better foundation for defending my faith . Thanks catholic productions
Why We Confess is a most informative presentation by Dr. Pitre as it traces Confession in the Old Testament into the New Testament. Well done!
I like the way Dr Pitre explains the Catholic Faith . Very down to earth so that common people can understand.
Why We Confess