1 hour 14 min. (1 CD / 1 DVD / MP3 / Digital Video)
Have you ever felt like there’s no way God could ever love you? Maybe you know people with a very troubled past and a broken life who just can’t believe that Jesus loves them.
In this Bible study, Dr. Brant Pitre goes straight to the heart of the love of Christ by focusing on the powerful story of Jesus and the Samaritan Woman at the Well. As he shows, when we read this well-known story through ancient Jewish eyes, all of a sudden we realize that this is not just a story of Jesus’ mercy and forgiveness, but a powerful symbol of God’s love for sinners. In this Bible study you will learn:
• How Women, Wells, and Weddings go together in the Old Testament
• The history behind “Jacob’s Well” and why it is so significant that Jesus meets the Samaritan woman at this spot
• The deeper spiritual meaning of the Samaritan Woman’s 5 Husbands
• How the “Living Water” promised by Jesus is his true wedding gift to his bride, the Church
• How God loves us just the way we are, but too much to let us stay that way
• And lots more
Drawing from his book, Jesus the Bridegroom, Dr. Pitre shows how the story of Jesus and the Woman at the Well is good news that every sinner needs to hear.
I really enjoyed my DVD. Dr. Brant is very educated. He really explains it all in detail. I have listened to the DVD two times and will watch it again.
I really enjoy Dr. Pitre's work, and I appreciate how it has helps enrich my spiritual path. I also appreciate Michael & Brian at Catholic Productions for all their hard work in helping carry the message.
The Woman at the Well and the Love of Christ
I am finding Dr. Pitre's ability to situate Gospel teachings within the 1st Century Jewish context extremely enlightening for my understanding of the passages cited and for my spiritual life.
I saw the short part you guys publish every week and I knew there is so much more to find out about it. It's really great, and so profound. Thank you